Signs of a Bad Battery
How do you know if your car battery is bad? There are numerous indications that your battery might be giving out. Even more than that, there are a number of signs a car battery charger may be needed. When that’s the case, you can rely on Henry’s Towing. Not only can we tow your car or even provide an unlocking service, we can help with battery issues as well.
- Dim Headlights: Your headlights are necessary for safe and responsible driving at night. If you are noticing that you are struggling to see while driving, it may be because the lights are not getting enough power from the battery.
- Clicking Sounds: The most obvious sign your battery is dead or dying is the ticking sound. We’ve possibly all heard it, that clicking, ticking sound when you try to turn the key. When that happens, you likely have a dead battery.
- Slow Crank: The slow cranking engine is a common sign of a dying battery. This sound you hear will need to be addressed as soon as possible. If needed, you can rely on a towing company to get your car where it needs to be.
- Backfiring: Yes, a car that is backfiring could be the result of a dying battery. Before completely replacing it, check the carburetor and black box. If they appear fine, meaning no damage or significant wear and tear, then you can invest in a battery replacement.
- Pressing the Gas: It is not normal to need to press the gas in order to make your car start. Your battery is likely dying or close to dying if you find that you are needing to push on the gas to give some extra energy to your battery in order to start your car.
- Overnight De-charge: When your car won’t start after sitting overnight, your battery is likely dead or dying. It could potentially be a wiring issue, but either way, it is an issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.
Call us if you need help with your car (714)702-6514)